The Instructional Technology Department seeks to assist teachers in preparing students for the 21st century by helping them integrate technology into teaching and learning in a seamless and transparent manner.
The instructional focus for the 2014-2015 academic year is built around improving literacy. This task does not fall slowly on the ELAR departments within each school and our district as a whole. We must work across all content areas if we want to invoke meaningful change in the students of Waco ISD. Improving literacy will be promoted through the use of the research based methods described below.
- Non-fiction reading strategy with note taking instruction
- Critical writing
- Non-linguistic representations & mental models
- Math problem-solving processes
- Explicit vocabulary instruction
The Instructional Technology Department provides:
- Lesson planning and implementation strategies
- Software and hardware training
- Classroom support
- Project based learning using technology
- Just-in-time training
- Other resources for technology integration